Rustic, dreamy, timeless and stunning portraits for new babies. Ranked among Best Houston Newborn Photographers for 2016, 2017 and 2018.
"Sarah Borchgrevink Photography has Baby Plan Memberships available that include a posed newborn session, a six-month milestone session, and a one-year session with a cake smash. The photo studio, based in Cypress, also shoots family photos and maternity photos. The photographer aims for laid back photography sessions that create vibrant, modern results. Customers have praised Sarah Borchgrevink for her kindness and patience with kids and vast knowledge of photography." -Expertise.com
Click The Arrow Below To View My Promo Posed Newborn Video
Howdy! I’m Sarah! Specializing in the custom of art of Houston Newborn Photography, my sessions are timeless, natural and rustic. The final product is a dreamy gallery that stands the test of time! It's truly an honor to document your little one! Appointments take place when your darling cherub is preferably 6-9 days new in my Houston Newborn Studio located near Barker Cypress and 290 in Northwest Harris County. Please note, however, appointments are available up to 30 days new for specific packages. If your baby has spent time in the NICU, scheduling is more flexible.
Vintage pieces, rustic props, and organic textiles are the heart of my timeless styling. All props are provided from wraps, headbands, caps, bonnets, buckets, bowls, crates, baskets, etc. A custom newborn session is the perfect way to authentically preserve this incredibly special milestone in your life. Parent, family, and sibling images are also available.
Tiny eyelashes, big yawns and stretches, squishy rolls, serene sleeping faces, and their curly, brand new nature are everything good and beautiful about cherubs. Of all the childhood photos, Baby's first images will evoke a sense of tender, unconditional love. You spent months dreaming of their face and imagining holding baby in your arms, the weight of them against your chest, their scent enveloping your senses.
My heart belongs to newborn photography and I cannot express the joy I feel in photographing my petite, precious clients! I encourage you to browse my portfolio, see how I style newborn sessions, read reviews on the experience, and contact me with any questions so I may assist you. I am always in touch with you within 24 hours, often less.
I look forward to meeting you and working together! Congratulations on your baby! All my joy and warmth to you.
What To Expect | Inspired by color, ETHEREAL light & dreamy textiles
Three styles of cozy, unique wrapping as well as adorable bean bag posing are cornerstones to my newborn portraiture. Top safety techniques are always implemented. Tiny details of baby's unique features, called macro images, set your gallery apart, all of which makes for an incredible set of images to display in your home. Parent, sibling, and family setups are included in the 'petite' and 'full' newborn sessions, though are also available as an add-on in the 'wrapped mini' and the 'bean bag mini'.
Investment | Completely Transparent Pricing
- Fully inclusive sessions means you select a package that includes the number of digital files you'd like to receive. This rate also includes time & talent, full styling & props, session design, retouching, and the rendering of your full resolution digital files and print release. All sessions reflect timeless baby portraiture.
- There are no hidden fees, in person sales appointments, or minimum print orders to receive your digital gallery which may be printed as many times as you would like, typically up to 50x60".
- There are currently two new session types available on a trial period. These are smaller, condensed versions of a newborn session with one option featuring a wrapped mini and the second option featuring a bean bag mini. These are designed as affordable options for new parents-to-be. In addition to these offerings, you'll also find a 'petite' and 'full' session on the fully transparent pricing guide. Feel free to ask any questions about which session is right for you.
Booking & scheduling your newborn session
- The second trimester is the ideal time to book baby's first professional portraits. To secure your newborn appointment, you're sent a non-refundable retainer invoice as well as a portraiture contract. Whether baby is early, late or right on time you are guaranteed 4 dates to select from, preferably when baby is 6-9 days old, as earlier makes for the best sessions. The wrapped newborn mini, however, is available up to 30 days old. Newborn appointments take place 7 days per week between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM. If your baby is already earth-side, however, I still urge you to inquire as there are session options for older newborns or babies who spent time in the NICU and missed the traditional time frame for scheduling.
All props & designs are provided for you
- All props and full styling are provided. A styling questionnaire is given so have no fear: the colors you love will make their way into the session. You are also given a newborn prep guide, which chats about what to wear to your baby's newborn session, as well as shares everything that will happen during our time together. Simply bring baby and their diaper bag essentials. Leave the rest to me as I joyfully capture your little love. Please note I am fully vaccinated and formally trained in the custom art of newborn safety & posing.
FULL SIZE Digital gallery with released printing rights
- Two weeks after your appointment, you're sent a full resolution digital gallery of perfected images! Full resolution means you may print these images as large as you prefer. You have invested in the printing rights so the photos are yours to archive and also print as many times as you like. Feel free to share your gallery with grandparents or loved ones who perhaps do not live in Houston. You also receive a list of reputable photography labs you may utilize. See three awesome labs + wall art grouping ideas for displaying your session.
Choose from the classic all white or the rustic wood wall
The studio happily offers two styles of backgrounds for your family, sibling, or parent images. There are the sheer curtains, which make for the ethereal, gorgeous lighting. The final result is all white, organic images that are perfectly classic, fresh, clean, and timeless. There is also the wooden backdrop which makes for rustic images for parents who love the vintage, farmhouse feel. We often utilize both backgrounds to make for a well rounded gallery with several images from which you may select.
Here's Where Sarah Is Located:
Located in NW Harris County near Barker Cypress/290, Sarah's studio is 20 minutes outside of the 610 loop with easy access to all major freeways such as Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8), the Tomball Tollway (Texas State Highway 249), Interstate 10, which is a wonderful option for parents located between Katy and Downtown, as well as the Grand Parkway, which is a lovely route for parents visiting from the northern suburbs, such as Spring, Conroe, The Woodlands, etc.