Meet Houston Newborn Photographer: Sarah Borchgrevink
Please allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Sarah and I specialize in the custom art of posed newborn photography. I'm thrilled you're visiting my website!
- Here's how you pronounce my last name: Bork-gruh-VEENK. I married a Norwegian lad and the last name came with him.
- When I'm not spending time with my camera, I'm probably having dance parties with my little ones. We turn on YouTube and dance from everything to "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" to Michael Jackson to Queen. My 7 year old has some super sweet dance moves.
- I have three red headed little gals; neither the hubby or I have red hair, though, so it's like a surprise every time I have a baby. We also have a super handsome little fellow named Jack, who was born at the end of 2017. 4 kids keep us busy!
- My husband is a stay at home dad and I run a full time photography business. He does like to help me with the bookkeeping, though. He's my biggest fan + supporter. I am always in awe of how much he believes in my work and encourages me daily.
- My spouse is my best bud. He is all I've ever longed for and I'm in it to win it. Because we live our lives on the edge, we've been married since we were 19 years old. Here we are 8 years later with a bunch of kids and a house in the suburbs! Funny how life is like that, huh?
- Emma, Lucy and Amelia are my kiddos. I (jokingly) call them The Tiny Tribe of Wild Women. We call Jack the "chief" to our tribe, ha! They're my heart and soul. My biggest achievement will always be my little ones.
- Monday night is date night at my house! My hubby and I pick an activity, alternating turns in planning a home date for one another. I firmly believe in dating your spouse and keeping things fun. To this day, I have a huge crush on him. I am one lucky lady and swoon over him!
- I'm a rule follower. I've never even had a speeding ticket! Danger is NOT my middle name!
- Always be kind. Always take the high road. Always forgive. This has served me well. I also try not to take myself too seriously.
- My favorite hobby is reading. You'll find an impressive array of books on my Kindle. If you have a book you've enjoyed, tell me! I also know my way around the kitchen and am a boss at Amazon Prime purchases. I'm sure you're quite impressed with my skills.
- I'm a Paleo chick. I "hunt" and "gather" by going to HEB or visiting my local farmers market
- When my grandmother texts me, it puts a huge smile on my face. However, I love even more when she writes me a letter. There's something authentic about a good 'ol fashioned snail mail.
- I'm 28 and representing for the 1989 babies
- I edit 99.99 percent of my sessions to Mumford & Sons via my Pandora station.
- The cold side of the pillow is the best. Hands down. Also, my husband once bought me a goose down pillow when we were first dating. Every few years he buys me a new one, as a tradition, and we name the pillows version Side Sleeper Deluxe 2.0, 3.0, etc.
- I don't use any Mac products. I have a custom built PC that blows any Apple out of the water ;)
- Yoga Pants are definitely a size. So are "legging".
- I use Canon and am armed with a vast list of prime lenses. I have everything from a 20 mm to a 200 mm to keep me busy!
- Laundry is my least favorite chore; I call the ever growing pile "Mt. Washmore" (there's a little mom humor for you).
- Being a wee bit type A is just who I am. I am detail oriented, love being organized and because of this, I really enjoy the business side of photography. The older I get, the more I realize I like routine and structure, which is why I love being my own boss, lol!
- During your session, I'll make you laugh. Before you know it, we'll be Facebook friends. :-)